*** If you have not completed at minimum 100 plus immigration applications, please do NOT apply. You will be tested on your experience during the interview. ***
Sharma Law Offices, a full-service boutique immigration law firm is seeking a full-time Immigration Legal Assistant to perform a variety of duties that include but is not limited to: prepare visa petitions, perform general administrative/ clerical duties, gather documents, schedule client appointments, prepare legal correspondence, and communicate with clients/ government agencies. You will receive training and guidance with respect to overall objectives; however, your work will be independent, and you must be able to operate using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
You need to have compassion when dealing with our clients. You will be the primary contact, upon hiring, regarding an individual’s case. You will need to always remain responsive to client’s questions and concerns and provide updates, as needed. Weekly status reports on cases will be provided to office management and ability to keep track of work and time will be essential to be successful in position. Your ability to listen to what you are being told and ask follow-up questions is very important.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years’ immigration law firm experience.
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Stress tolerance related to time sensitive deadlines and workflow demands.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize workload.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Work well under deadlines, handle confidential information with professionalism, and display strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have clear and concise communication skills.
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail and timing as well as excellence that reflects and demonstrate integrity, customer-centered, accountability, respect, and excellence
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations occurring because of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated.
We try to attract and retain the best talent, so we offer very competitive compensation package which is commensurate with the applicant’s professional experience. We provide training, and for the right person, this will be a highly rewarding position. We also offer health insurance, performance bonus, retention bonus, and even 401 with an employer match.
To Apply: If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please email us, as a PDF, your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. The email can be obtained by visiting our website www.elawimmigration.com. Additionally, please write your last name backwards in the subject line. Part of the hiring process includes a practical test. If this is not done correctly, you will not receive a response.
Job Type: Full-time